Clermont in Columbia County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Built in 1834
The land was given by
Edward P. Livingston
Erected by State Education Department.
Location. 42° 5.207′ N, 73° 49.517′ W. Marker is in Clermont, New York, in Columbia County. Marker is on U.S. 9 0.1 miles north of Commons Road (County Route 6), on the left when traveling north. Marker is located beside the highway, directly in front of the subject building. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1795 US Highway 9, Germantown NY 12526, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Clermont (a few steps from this marker); First Public School in New York (a few steps from this marker); Town Hall Clermont (within shouting distance of this marker); Saint Luke's Church Clermont (within shouting distance of this marker); Brick House Built in 1804 (approx. 0.3 miles away); Calendar House (approx. 1.4 miles away); St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church (approx. 1.6 miles away); Highland Turnpike (approx. 1.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clermont.
Regarding The Academy.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Clermont, New York
Also see . . . Clermont Academy (Wikipedia). Was built in 1834 and is a two-story, five bay frame building in the Federal style. It features a gable roof with centrally located octagonal cupola. It originally functioned as a private secondary school, but became a public school and community center in 1855. (Submitted on July 7, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Education •
More. Search the internet for The Academy.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 8, 2019. This page originally submitted on July 7, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 72 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 7, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.