Clermont in Columbia County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Brick House Built in 1804
The bricks were made here
of clay kneaded by cattle
being driven over it
Erected 1938 by New York State Education Department.
Location. 42° 5.423′ N, 73° 49.345′ W. Marker is in Clermont, New York, in Columbia County. Marker is on U.S. 9 north of Buckwheat Road, on the right when traveling north. Marker is located alongside the highway, directly west of the subject brick house. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Germantown NY 12526, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Saint Luke's Church Clermont (approx. ¼ mile away); Town Hall Clermont (approx. ¼ mile away); The Academy (approx. 0.3 miles away); The Clermont (approx. 0.3 miles away); First Public School in New York (approx. 0.3 miles away); Calendar House (approx. 1.3 miles away); Highland Turnpike (approx. 1.3 miles away); St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church (approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Clermont.
Regarding Brick House Built in 1804. National
Also see . . . Thomas Brodhead House (Wikipedia). The house was built about 1795 and is a two-story, three bay Federal style brick residence with a hipped roof. Also on the property is a brick smoke house. (Submitted on July 9, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Brick House Built in 1804.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 9, 2019. This page originally submitted on July 7, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 33 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 9, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.