Livingston in Columbia County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Town of Livingston - 1788
Blue Stores, Burden,
Elizaville, Glenco Mills,
Linlithgo, and Walker’s Mills.
Erected 1935 by New York State Education Department.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Colonial Era • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1788.
Location. 42° 8.51′ N, 73° 46.733′ W. Marker is in Livingston, New York, in Columbia County. Marker is at the intersection of Old Post Road (County Route 19) and Livingston Circle, on the left when traveling north on Old Post Road. Marker is located at the south end of Livingston Circle, in the small plaza on the west side of Old Post Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Livingston NY 12541, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Alida Livingston (a few steps from this marker); Johnstown (within shouting distance of this marker); Livingston Town Hall (within shouting distance of this marker); Livingston (within shouting distance of this marker); Glenco Mills (approx. Taghkanic-Livingston Line (approx. 2.2 miles away); “The Hill” (approx. 2.6 miles away); Linlithgo Mills (approx. 2.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Livingston.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. Livingston, New York
Also see . . . Livingston, New York (Wikipedia). The land grant for Livingston Manor was made in 1686 to Robert Livingston. The region was made a district in 1772, and the town of Livingston was founded in 1788, being one of the original towns of the county. Communities and locations:
• Blue Stores A hamlet in the south part of the town. Named for a blue store that was located at the intersection of Routes 9 and 31.
• Burden A hamlet west of Livingston village.
• Glencoe Mills A hamlet in the northeast part of the town south of Linlithgo Mills.
• Linlithgo A hamlet in the northwest part of the town.
• Livingston The hamlet of Livingston, with the town offices, is on County Route 19. (Submitted on July 14, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on July 17, 2019. It was originally submitted on July 10, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 95 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 14, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.