Fort Gibson in Muskogee County, Oklahoma — The American South (West South Central)
Telephones in 1886
This monument erected as a public service by Southwestern Bell Telephone Company.
Erected by Southwestern Bell Telephone Company.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Industry & Commerce.
Location. 35° 48.22′ N, 95° 15.421′ W. Marker is in Fort Gibson, Oklahoma, in Muskogee County. Marker is on East Ash Avenue just east of Lee Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Gibson OK 74434, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Gibson (a few steps from this marker); Fort Gibson Stockade Well (within shouting distance of this marker); Seventh United States Infantry (approx. 0.4 miles away); Troops L & M, Roosevelt's Rough Riders Memorial U.S.S. Shark (SS174) (approx. 3.1 miles away); Vietnam War Memorial (approx. 3.1 miles away); War Memorial (approx. 3.1 miles away); Texas Road (approx. 4.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Gibson.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 10, 2019. It was originally submitted on July 11, 2019. This page has been viewed 131 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 11, 2019.