Call Church of God in Christ
The Call Church of God in Christ was established in 1915 under the leadership of Elder W. G. Law. Land for a church building was deeded by A. C. and Coella Armstrong in 1935. The name of the church was changed to Call Community Center Church of God in Christ in 1948. Over time improvements have up-dated the sanctuary. In 1955-56 the congregation hosted a district meeting for its parent church organization. The congregation supports domestic and foreign missionary work, provides traditional spiritual programs for its members, and continues to serve the area.
Incise on base:
A group of dedicated women were the early workers.
Erected 1997 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 11110.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 30° 36.673′ N, 93° 50.758′ W. Marker is in Call, Texas, in Newton County. Marker is on Farm to Market Road 1004, 0.1 miles west of County Road 3088, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3431 FM 1004, Call TX 75933, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other
Credits. This page was last revised on July 15, 2019. It was originally submitted on July 15, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 81 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 15, 2019.