Call in Newton County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1994. (Marker Number 12844.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Horticulture & Forestry • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 30° 36.743′ N, 93° 52.643′ W. Marker was in Call, Texas, in Newton County. Marker was at the intersection of County Road 1004 and County Road 1013 on County Road 1004. Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Call TX 75933, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 17 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. Call Church of God in Christ (approx. 1.9 miles away); Town of Kirbyville (approx. 3.4 miles away); Site of the First Kirbyville Church (approx. 3˝ miles away); Trout Creek Missionary Baptist Church (approx. 3.8 miles away); Trout Creek Cemetery (approx. 3.9 miles away); Swift Cemetery (approx. 6 miles away); Ford Chapel, Cemetery, and School (approx. 16.1 miles away); Newton County (approx. 16.9 miles away).
More about this marker. Missing, according to Texas Historical Commission, reported missing June, 2018. Still visible on Google Street View.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 3, 2021. It was originally submitted on July 18, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 178 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 18, 2019.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photos of this marker • Inscription on this marker • Can you help?