Bowling Green in Warren County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
T. C. Cherry Elementary
Named for Dr. Thomas Crittenden Cherry, who was superintendent of the Bowling Green schools for 32 years (1905-37). T. C. Cherry Elem. began educating children in the fall of 1950. It housed grades K-8, which included the first kindergarten offered by Bowling Green public schools.
The influence of Dr. Cherry is still felt today, as T. C. Cherry Elementary continues to educate the children of this community. The new T. C. Cherry Elementary opened on August 8, 2009. “The urge to know is a glorious fever. Fortunate is the youth who has caught it.” -Thomas C. Cherry
Sponsored by the students and friends of T. C. Cherry Elementary.
Erected 2010 by Kentucky Historical Society & Kentucky Department of Highways. (Marker Number 2333.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. In addition, it is included in the Kentucky Historical Society series list.
Location. 36° 58.58′ N, 86° 26.792′ W. Marker Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1001 Liberty Way, Bowling Green KY 42104, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Pioneer Surveyor (approx. 0.6 miles away); Eliza Calvert Hall, 1856-1935 (approx. 0.7 miles away); Ogden College (approx. Ύ mile away); Training School-College High (approx. Ύ mile away); Bowling Green College of Commerce (approx. 0.8 miles away); Henry Hardin Cherry (approx. 0.8 miles away); Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc. History (approx. 0.8 miles away); Fort Albert Sidney Johnston (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Bowling Green.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 25, 2019. It was originally submitted on July 24, 2019, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 152 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 24, 2019, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.