Near Salisbury in Herkimer County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Bell Purchased 7 May 1831
Bell purchased 7 May 1831 by the Baptist and Universalist Societies of Salisbury for the church erected in 1831 and occupied principally by the American Baptists.
The church stood across the highway from 1831-1946 on the site of the present firehouse.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion. In addition, it is included in the Historic Bells, and the Unitarian Universalism (UUism) series lists. A significant historical date for this entry is May 7, 1831.
Location. 43° 8.056′ N, 74° 49.447′ W. Marker is near Salisbury, New York, in Herkimer County. Marker is at the intersection of Southern Adirondack Trail (New York State Route 29) and Military Road, on the left when traveling west on Southern Adirondack Trail. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Little Falls NY 13365, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. John Faville (approx. one mile away); Town of Salisbury War Memorial (approx. 2.1 miles away); Brockett's Bridge (approx. 3.4 miles Innovation Industry (approx. 3.4 miles away); Culture Hospitality (approx. 3.4 miles away); Municipal Building Annex (approx. 3½ miles away); Dolgeville War Memorial (approx. 3½ miles away); Daniel Green (approx. 3½ miles away).
Additional keywords. Bells
Credits. This page was last revised on July 26, 2019. It was originally submitted on July 24, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 114 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 24, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.