The Scott House
The house is one of the oldest wood structures Still standing in Santa Cruz County. Built out of locally milled redwood in the Greek revival style, with doors and windows shipped around the horn. Scott used mortise and tenon construction techniques, much like the ships built by his family in Maine. It originally stood at Scotts Valley drive but was moved up the hill in 1936 to accommodate the new Los Gatos Highway. The one and half story home has a kitchen, dining room, parlor, two bedrooms and a large unfinished attic area. In 1977 the
Dedicated August 3rd, 2019
El Viceroy Marques De Branciforte Ch. 1797, E Clampus Vitus, Scotts Valley Historic Society
Erected 2019 by E Clampus Vitus El Viceroy Marques de Branciforte Ch. 1797, Scotts Valley Historic Society.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Settlements & Settlers. In addition, it is included in the E Clampus Vitus series list.
Location. 37° 2.951′ N, 122° 1.104′ W. Marker is in Scotts Valley, California, in Santa Cruz County. Marker is on Civic Center Drive, on the right when traveling west. This marker is in front of the Scott House on MacDorsa Park. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Scotts Valley CA 95066, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Scott House (a few steps from this marker); Felton Covered Bridge (approx. 2.9 miles away); The Cremer House (approx. 3 miles away); The Branciforte Adobe (approx. 4.1 miles away); Salz Tannery (approx.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 29, 2020. It was originally submitted on August 5, 2019, by Frank Gunshow Sanchez of Hollister, California. This page has been viewed 193 times since then and 35 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 5, 2019, by Frank Gunshow Sanchez of Hollister, California. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.