Has been designated a Contributing Resource to the University of Connecticut Historic District
One of two remaining houses built as faculty residences
between 1912 and 1920, the side-by-side colonial revival
structure is sited on what was then the perimeter of campus in an area known as faculty row. Designed by architect Delbert K. Perry of New Britain, CT, this dwelling later served as the house for the Delta Zeta Sorority.
National Park Service United States Department of the Interior
Erected 1989 by National Park Service.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education.
Location. 41° 48.348′ N, 72° 14.931′ W. Marker is in Storrs, Connecticut, in Tolland County. Marker is on Gilbert Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Storrs Mansfield CT 06268, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. 604 Gilbert (within shouting distance of this marker); Benjamin Franklin Koons (approx. 0.4 miles away); VFW Post 9800 Veterans Monument (approx. half a mile away);
Credits. This page was last revised on August 6, 2019. It was originally submitted on August 5, 2019. This page has been viewed 79 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 5, 2019. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.