Near West Liberty in Logan County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
The Ludlow Road / The Ludlow Line
— On Top of Ohio —
You are entering Logan County over a road built after a strip of timber 40 ft. wide had been cut to establish a line between the headwaters of the Little Miami and the source of the Scioto River.
A line surveyed by Israel Ludlow, 1804. This line and Little Miami River on the west, paralleling the Scioto on the east enclosed the Virginia Military survey. Lands held by Virginia for her Revolutionary soldiers.
Erected 1949 by Logan County Archaeological and Historical Society.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & Politics • Political Subdivisions • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Revolutionary.
Location. 40° 14.439′ N, 83° 42.697′ W. Marker is near West Liberty, Ohio, in Logan County. Marker is at the intersection of Ludlow Road and Ohio Route 245, on the right when traveling north on Ludlow Road. Marker is about three Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: West Liberty OH 43357, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ohio Caverns (approx. 0.8 miles away); The Barn at Mac-A-Cheek Castle (approx. 1.1 miles away); Storing the Crops, Livestock and Machinery (approx. 1.1 miles away); Who's in the Dog House? (approx. 1.1 miles away); The Broad and Fertile Acres (approx. 1.1 miles away); Let's Play (approx. 1.1 miles away); A Castle as a Farmhouse (approx. 1.1 miles away); Over a Century of Tours (approx. 1.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in West Liberty.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 25, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 22, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,651 times since then and 80 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 24, 2020, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on November 22, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.