St. Paris in Champaign County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
St. Paris and Johnson Township World War II Memorial
died for us in World War II:
To the memory of those who served in World War II this symbol is erected to immortalize the honor, respect and gratitude of a people.
Through their sacrifices our world has once again been assured of freedom of speech, freedom of want, freedom of fear, and freedom of worship.
Dedicated this Eleventh Day of November 1946
Erected 1946 by Citizens of St. Paris and Johnson Township.
Topics. This historical marker memorial is listed in these topic lists: Heroes • Military • Patriots & Patriotism • War, World II.
Location. 40° 7.65′ N, 83° 57.812′ W. Marker is in St. Paris, Ohio, in Champaign County. Marker is at the intersection of Jefferson Street and Plum Street, on the right when traveling north on Jefferson Street. Marker is on the Veterans Walk in Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Saint Paris OH 43072, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. St. Paris and Johnson Township World War I Memorial (a few steps from this marker); St. Paris Korea and Vietnam Veterans Memorial (a few steps from this marker); Site of Walborn & Riker Co. (approx. 0.3 miles away); Lincoln Funeral Train (approx. 0.3 miles away); A. B. Graham (approx. 2.9 miles away); Kiser Lake (approx. 3.9 miles away); Brown Township School District #6 (approx. 4.4 miles away); Christiansburg Veterans Memorial (approx. 5.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Paris.
Regarding St. Paris and Johnson Township World War II Memorial. Marker includes roll call of township men and women who served.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. It was originally submitted on November 23, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,267 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on November 23, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.