Granbury in Hood County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
J. F. and J. Nutt Building
This structure of hand-hewn Hood County stone was built in 1893 by local contractor Jim Warren. About 1919 Nutt Hotel - famed for dining room - moved in after "grocery" was remodeled. Building has been occupied by 3 generations of the Nutt Family.
Erected 1970 by Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 2676.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 32° 26.594′ N, 97° 47.198′ W. Marker is in Granbury, Texas, in Hood County. Marker is at the intersection of East Bridge Street and North Crockett Street, on the right when traveling west on East Bridge Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 119 East Bridge Street, Granbury TX 76048, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Site of Schultz Blacksmith Shop (a few steps from this The Fair (a few steps from this marker); Aston-Landers Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Hood County Jailhouse (within shouting distance of this marker); The Glenn Brothers' Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Hardware and Tin Shop (within shouting distance of this marker); First National Bank (within shouting distance of this marker); Hood County Courthouse (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Granbury.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 24, 2019. It was originally submitted on August 22, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Atascocita, Texas. This page has been viewed 71 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 24, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Atascocita, Texas.