Port Deposit in Cecil County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
The River Town
Historic Port Deposit
The town's history of prosperity accounts for the numerous high [unreadable] and architecturally significant buildings, many of which incorporate the famous Port Deposit granite in their construction. This granite first quarried about 1820, was used in the Miranda E. Bunch Memorial Fountain (right in front of the Cecil National Bank Building (1995), as well as for the [unreadable].
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers • Waterways & Vessels.
Location. Marker has been Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 14 South Main Street, Port Deposit MD 21904, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this location. On Alert (within shouting distance of this marker); John A. J. Creswell (within shouting distance of this marker); Gerry House (within shouting distance of this marker); Jacob Tome, Town Father (within shouting distance of this marker); Snow's Battery (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Snow’s Battery (about 300 feet away); Adams Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away); Washington Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Deposit.
More about this marker. Unfortunately the marker has significant weather damage
Credits. This page was last revised on August 23, 2019. It was originally submitted on August 23, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia. This page has been viewed 136 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 23, 2019, by Devry Becker Jones of Washington, District of Columbia.