Albion in Cassia County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
Albion State Normal School
Residents of Albion erected and furnished a two-story stone building on five acres of donated land, and the very successful teacher-training school opened on September 11, 1894. They soon donated additional land and more buildings were erected. In 1947 the institution became known as Southern Idaho College of Education. It closed in 1951. Magic Valley Christian College occupied the campus between 1958 and 1969. The original building now houses a museum.
Erected by Idaho Historical Society and Idaho Transportation Department. (Marker Number 490.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Idaho State Historical Society marker series.
Location. 42° 24.79′ N, 113° 34.965′ W. Marker is in Albion, Idaho, in Cassia County. Marker is at the intersection of State Highway 77 and East Miller Hall Court, on the left when traveling north on State Highway 77. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Albion ID 83311, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured Cassia County Courthouse (approx. ¼ mile away); Diamondfield Jack (approx. ¼ mile away); Idahome (approx. 9.4 miles away); Mc Clendon Springs (approx. 10½ miles away); California Trail - Leaving Cassia Creek (approx. 11½ miles away); California Trail - Cassia Creek (approx. 11.9 miles away); Where Trails Meet - Raft River Valley Trails (approx. 12 miles away); Hudspeth's Cutoff (approx. 12 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Albion.
Regarding Albion State Normal School. The property is now a private retreat.
Categories. • Education •
More. Search the internet for Albion State Normal School.
Credits. This page was last revised on August 29, 2019. This page originally submitted on August 29, 2019, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 45 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 29, 2019, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.