Hilliard in Franklin County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
N.W. Franklin County Historical Society and Museum
Incorporated Nov. 11, 1966
Bassel L. Johnson Pres.
Eldon M. Schatz V. Pres.
Mildred Hart Treas.
Raymond K. Bradley
Delmar J. Kunz
James D. Knick
Ruth E. Mast
Richard L. Kuhn
Lester T. Porter
Mary Weaver Miller Sec'y
Erected by N.W. Franklin County Historical Society and Museum.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Railroads & Streetcars. A significant historical date for this entry is October 11, 1738.
Location. 40° 2.157′ N, 83° 9.359′ W. Marker is in Hilliard, Ohio, in Franklin County. Marker is on the grounds of the Franklin County Fairgrounds, in historical village, about 300 feet from the intersection of Hilliard-Rome Road and Avery Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hilliard OH 43026, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hilliard Veterans Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); Old Red House (approx. 2.4 miles away); Scioto Trail (approx. 3.3 miles away); Bill Moose [Crowfoot] (approx. 3.3 miles away); James J. Thomas Park (approx. 3.7 miles away); Field of Corn (approx. 3.8 miles away); a different marker also named Field of Corn (approx. 3.8 miles away); a different marker also named Field of Corn (approx. 3.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hilliard.
Credits. This page was last revised on January 21, 2020. It was originally submitted on November 26, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 850 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on November 26, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.