Taylor in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
This house was built about 1880 for Crawford Henry Booth (1843–1937), a prominent local rancher and banker. An unusual local example of the L-plan vernacular form, the house features many Queen Anne details, including an octagonal turret with onion dome roof, polygonal bays, arched windows, curvilinear porch with spindlework balustrade, keyhole windows, and decorative shingle work. The house remained in the Booth family until 1958.
Erected 1992 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 9034.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 30° 34.588′ N, 97° 25.963′ W. Marker is in Taylor, Texas, in Williamson County. Marker is on West Lake Drive. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2112 W Lake Dr, Taylor TX 76574, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Taylor Brethren Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Doak Pavilion Site (approx. 0.4 miles away); Wedemeyer Hospital Site (approx. 0.8 miles away); Doak HomeTucker-Smith House (approx. one mile away); St. James Church (approx. 1.1 miles away); The Tenth Street United Methodist Church (approx. 1.1 miles away); The Taylor Public Schools (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Taylor.
Also see . . . Historical Marker Application - Portal to Texas History. (Submitted on August 31, 2019, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 29, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 12, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 2,107 times since then and 5 times this year. Last updated on August 31, 2019, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. Photos: 1. submitted on September 12, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. 2. submitted on August 31, 2019, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. 3. submitted on September 12, 2007, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.