Port Gibson in Claiborne County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Port Gibson Historic Tour
Ca. 1845 Greek Revival. Peter A. Van Dorn built this planter house which has the typical front and rear galleries, the latter now enclosed. The basic plan features two pairs of rooms flanking a center hall.
Location. 31° 56.574′ N, 90° 58.619′ W. Marker is in Port Gibson, Mississippi, in Claiborne County. Marker is at the intersection of McComb Avenue (Mississippi Route 547) and Burlington Place, on the right when traveling south on McComb Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Port Gibson MS 39150, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Van Dorn House (approx. half a mile away); Chamberlain-Hunt Academy (approx. 0.6 miles away); a different marker also named Chamberlain-Hunt Academy (approx. 0.7 miles away); Campaign, Siege, and Defense of Vicksburg: 1863. (approx. 0.7 miles away); Wintergreen Cemetery (approx. 0.7 miles away); Claiborne County (approx. ¾ mile away); The Vicksburg Campaign and Siege (approx. ¾ mile away); a different marker also named Claiborne County (approx. ¾ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Gibson.
Categories. Antebellum South, US • Architecture •
More. Search the internet for McGregor House.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 2, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 2, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 59 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 2, 2019.