Sanderson in Terrell County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
April 8,1905 September 19, 1905
Named in honor of
Alexander Watkins Terrell
A distinguished officer in the
Member of the Texas Legislature
for sixteen years
Sanderson, the county seat
Erected 1936 by Texas Highway Department. (Marker Number 5232.)
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Political Subdivisions. In addition, it is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments series list. A significant historical date for this entry is April 8, 1905.
Location. 30° 8.691′ N, 102° 24.405′ W. Marker is in Sanderson, Texas, in Terrell County. Marker is on West Oak Street (U.S. 90) 0.2 miles east of U.S. 285, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Sanderson TX 79848, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 6 other markers are within 14 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Sanderson Flash Flood (approx. 0.7 miles away); Terrell County Eagle (approx. 0.7 miles General Alexander W. Terrell / Texas in the Civil War (approx. ¾ mile away); El Buen Pastor Methodist Church (approx. 0.8 miles away); Baxter's Curve Train Robbery (approx. 10 miles away); Dryden Intermediate Field Site 29 (approx. 13.2 miles away).
Also see . . . Terrell County - The Handbook of Texas Online. Texas State Historical Association (TSHA) (Submitted on September 4, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Atascocita, Texas.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 4, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 4, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Atascocita, Texas. This page has been viewed 83 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 4, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Atascocita, Texas.