Fort Stockton in Pecos County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Grey Mule Saloon
Part of Old Fort Stockton; built in 1880's. Hangout for cowboys and hotel guests. Later a store and post office.
Entered in the National Register of Historic Places - 1973
Erected 1966 by Texas State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 2283.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings.
Location. 30° 53.011′ N, 102° 52.733′ W. Marker is in Fort Stockton, Texas, in Pecos County. Marker is at the intersection of East Callaghan Street and South Main Street, on the right when traveling west on East Callaghan Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 East Callaghan Street, Fort Stockton TX 79735, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Annie Riggs Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of Fort Stockton (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); St. Joseph's Catholic Church (about 500 feet away); Fort StocktonKoehler's Saloon and Store (approx. 0.2 miles away); O. W. Williams (approx. 0.2 miles away); Site of Comanche Springs (approx. ¼ mile away); St. Stephen's Episcopal Church (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Stockton.
More about this marker. Plate with text is mounted to a sign near the building. The associated medallion and NRHP plaque are mounted to the building itself.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 5, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 5, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Atascocita, Texas. This page has been viewed 69 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 5, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Atascocita, Texas.