Fort Stockton in Pecos County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Koehler's Saloon and Store
Built 1870's of field stone. Herman Koehler in 1884 opened saloon at one end, general store and bank at other. Later second story was added.
Recorded Texas Historic Landmark - 1966
Erected 1966 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 2971.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1884.
Location. 30° 53.065′ N, 102° 52.594′ W. Marker is in Fort Stockton, Texas, in Pecos County. Marker is on South Spring Drive east of South Rooney Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Stockton TX 79735, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Koehler's Store and Saloon - Comanche Springs (a few steps from this marker); Site of Comanche Springs (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); O. W. Williams (about 500 feet away); Young's Store (about 500 feet away); St. Stephen's Episcopal Church (about 700 feet away); "The Old Fort" (about Comanche Springs Pool & Pavilion (about 700 feet away); St. Stephens, Hovey School, Rollins Sibley House (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Stockton.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 28, 2020. It was originally submitted on September 5, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Humble, Texas. This page has been viewed 123 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 5, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Humble, Texas.