Woodstock in Carleton County, New Brunswick — The Atlantic Provinces
L.P. Fisher Vocational School / École professionnelle L.P. Fisher
138 Chapel Street / 138, rue Chapel
Constructed in 1913 in accordance with the wishes of the Lewis Peter Fisher estate, the L.P. Fisher Vocational School was erected to provide vocational training for the county's youth. It was deeded to the County and named the Carleton Community College until 1974 at which time it became part of the provincial community college system. In 1977, the building was designated New Brunswick Community College — Woodstock. The Woodstock campus relocated to a modern facility in the heart of downtown in 1984 and the "old Vocational School" became the headquarters of the District 14 School Board.
L'École professionnelle a été établie afin de fournir une formation professionnelle aux jeunes du comte. Le bâtiment a été transféré par acte notarié au Comté et a été nommé le Collège communautaire Carleton jusqu'en 1974, date à laquelle il est entré dans le réseau provincial de collèges communautaires. En 1977, le bâtiment a été appelé Collège communautaire du Nouveau-Brunswick — Woodstock. Le campus de Woodstock a déménagé dans une installation plus moderne au coeur du cente-ville
Erected by Woodstock — New Brunswick's First Town / La première ville du Nouveau-Brunswick.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Education • Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1913.
Location. 46° 9.155′ N, 67° 34.686′ W. Marker is in Woodstock, New Brunswick, in Carleton County. Marker is on Chapel Street east of Cedar Street, on the right when traveling west. Marker is located beside the sidewalk, directly in front of the subject school building. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 138 Chapel Street, Woodstock NB E7M 1H3, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Methodist Parsonage / Presbytère méthodiste (within shouting distance of this marker); Women's Institute Home / Maison de l'Institut féminin (within shouting distance of this marker); Bailey House / Maison Bailey (within shouting distance of this marker); McLean Dairy / Laiterie McLean (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); Flemming House / La Maison Flemming (about 120 meters away); Wolverton House / Maison Wolverton (about 150 meters away); Dr. Brown House / Maison du Dr. BrownSaint James United Church / Église unie Saint James (about 210 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Woodstock.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 7, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 5, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 112 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 7, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.