Port Gibson in Claiborne County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Port Gibson Historic Tour
1103 Church Street. 1830-31 Greek Revival. This house was constructed the year following erection of the first building to house the First Presbyterian Church during the early ministry of Dr. Zebulon Butler.
Location. 31° 57.332′ N, 90° 59.034′ W. Marker is in Port Gibson, Mississippi, in Claiborne County. Marker is on Church Street (U.S. 61) north of China Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1107 Church Street, Port Gibson MS 39150, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Judge Coleman Home (within shouting distance of this marker); Person Home (within shouting distance of this marker); Drake Home (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Levy Home (about 300 feet away); Schillig Home (about 400 feet away); Oak Square (about 400 feet away); Port Gibson City Hall (about 500 feet away); Hughes Home (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Gibson.
Categories. • Architecture • Churches & Religion •
More. Search the internet for Presbyterian Manse.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 6, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 6, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 55 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 6, 2019.