Charleston Corners in Montgomery County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Town of Charleston
Formed March 12, 1793, one of the oldest towns in Montgomery County. Named for Charles Van Epps, an early settler.
Erected 2018 by Town of Charleston.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 42° 49.004′ N, 74° 22.871′ W. Marker is in Charleston Corners, New York, in Montgomery County. Marker is on Corbin Hill Road, on the right when traveling south. In front of the town offices. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Sprakers NY 12166, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 6 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Margaret Houck (approx. 1½ miles away); Christian Church (approx. 1½ miles away); Samuel Tallmadge Grave Site (approx. 2½ miles away); William McConkey Grave Site (approx. 2½ miles away); Baptist Church (approx. 2.9 miles away); Indian Stone Heap (approx. 4.6 miles away); Sloansville (approx. 4.8 miles away); Enoch Ambler (approx. 5.1 miles away).
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Town of Charleston.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 9, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 6, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. This page has been viewed 27 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on September 6, 2019, by Steve Stoessel of Niskayuna, New York. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.