Springfield in Clark County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
H. A. "Harry" Toulmin Sr.
(1859 - 1942)
— Offices at Suites 47 - 48 Bushnell Building —
Toulmin is also known for his involvement with City Hospital and Snyder Park.
Statue sculpted by Mike Major.
Funding provided by: Jane P. Hollenbeck, the Turner Foundation and the Della Selsor Trust.
Sculpture Committee members are: Anne Benston, James J. Campbell, Mark Chepp, Katherine Denney, Robert Fuhrman, David C. Martin, Michael G. Morris, Ski Schanher, Corrine Smith, Richard Smith, and Thomas T. Taylor.
Presented to the City of Springfield, October 5, 2006.
Erected 2006 by Jane P. Hollenbeck, the Turner Foundation and the Della Selsor Trust.
Topics. This historical Air & Space • Industry & Commerce. A significant historical month for this entry is May 1906.
Location. 39° 55.467′ N, 83° 48.577′ W. Marker is in Springfield, Ohio, in Clark County. Marker is on Main Street, on the left when traveling west. Statue and marker are between Limestone Street and Fountain Avenue, near City Hall. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Springfield OH 45502, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Floral Center Of The World (within shouting distance of this marker); George Rogers Clark (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of Springfield's First Church (within shouting distance of this marker); John M. Temple (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Madonna of the Trail (about 400 feet away); 75th Anniversary of the Madonna of the Trail Statue (about 500 feet away); a different marker also named Madonna of the Trail (about 500 feet away); A. B. Graham (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Springfield.
Also see . . . Wikipedia entry for Harry A Toulmin, Sr. (Submitted on December 1, 2008, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.)
Credits. This page was last revised on November 29, 2019. It was originally submitted on November 27, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,500 times since then and 50 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 27, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.