Escanaba in Delta County, Michigan — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
First Public Schoolhouse in Escanaba
the site of the first
erected in Escanaba.
Placed by Lewis Cass Chapter
Daughters of the American Revolution
Erected 1934 by Lewis Cass Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution series list.
Location. 45° 44.669′ N, 87° 3.394′ W. Marker is in Escanaba, Michigan, in Delta County. Marker is at the intersection of South 7th Streeet and 1st Avenue South, on the left when traveling south on South 7th Streeet. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 201 South 7th Street, Escanaba MI 49829, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Charles Brotherton / Charles Brotherton House (approx. ¼ mile away); Ludington Hotel (approx. 0.3 miles away); Escanaba (approx. 0.4 miles away); Escanaba's Docks (approx. 0.4 miles away); Before the SettlersIron Ore Centennial (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Peninsula Railroad (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Ore Pellet (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Escanaba.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 6, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 6, 2019, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan. This page has been viewed 56 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 6, 2019, by Joel Seewald of Madison Heights, Michigan.