White Oak in Gregg County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
White Oak Independent School District
Erected 1999 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 11921.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Education. A significant historical year for this entry is 1885.
Location. 32° 31.806′ N, 94° 51.699′ W. Marker is in White Oak, Texas, in Gregg County. Marker is on South White Oak Road (Farm to Market Road 3272) 0.2 miles south of West Center Road, on Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: South White Oak Road, White Oak TX 75693, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. White Oak Baptist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Cherokee Trace (approx. 0.7 miles away); Point Pleasant (approx. 2.2 miles away); Rosedale Cemetery (approx. 3.9 miles away); Union Grove Schools (approx. 4˝ miles away); Foshee Family Homestead (approx. 4.7 miles away); Dr. E. L. and Nannie Lewis Walker House (approx. 4.8 miles away); John Ben Shepperd (approx. 4.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in White Oak.
Regarding White Oak Independent School District. Established in 1885, White Oak ISD encompasses 15.7 square miles in the heart of the east Texas oil field.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 6, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 6, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 66 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 6, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.