Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Springfield in Clark County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Site of Springfield's First Church

1805 - 1955

 
 
Site of Springfield's First Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., November 9, 2008
1. Site of Springfield's First Church Marker
Inscription.  Site of Springfield's first church
 
Erected 1955 by Central Methodist Church.
 
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Churches & ReligionNotable Buildings. A significant historical month for this entry is October 1864.
 
Location. 39° 55.485′ N, 83° 48.599′ W. Marker is in Springfield, Ohio, in Clark County. Marker is at the intersection of Fountain Avenue and Main Street, on the left when traveling south on Fountain Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Springfield OH 45502, United States of America. Touch for directions.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Floral Center Of The World (a few steps from this marker); George Rogers Clark (within shouting distance of this marker); H. A. "Harry" Toulmin Sr. (within shouting distance of this marker); Madonna of the Trail (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Madonna of the Trail (about 300 feet away); 75th Anniversary of the Madonna of the Trail Statue (about 300 feet away); A. B. Graham (about 500 feet away); The A. B. Graham Building (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Springfield.
 
Site of Springfield's First Church Marker image. Click for full size.
Photographed By William Fischer, Jr., November 9, 2008
2. Site of Springfield's First Church Marker
On corner building across street from George Rogers Clark statue and marker.
Click or scan to see
this page online
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on May 23, 2022. It was originally submitted on November 27, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 1,303 times since then and 175 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on November 27, 2008, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.

Share this page.  
Share on Tumblr
m=13912

CeraNet Cloud Computing sponsors the Historical Marker Database.
Paid Advertisements
 
 

Aug. 19, 2022