Fort Davis in Jeff Davis County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Fort Davis United Methodist Church
between San Antonio and El Paso
This is the original structure built
1884 as a mission by the
Methodist Episcopal Church South
Erected 1962 by Texas State Historical Survey Committee & Fort Davis Historical Society. (Marker Number 17051.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in this topic list: Churches & Religion.
Location. 30° 35.267′ N, 103° 53.745′ W. Marker is in Fort Davis, Texas, in Jeff Davis County. Marker is at the intersection of South Front Street and Woodward Avenue, on the right when traveling north on South Front Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 200 Front Street, Fort Davis TX 79734, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Jeff Davis County Jail (within shouting distance of this marker); Jeff Davis County Courthouse (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Confederate President Jefferson Davis (about 300 feet away); Jeff Davis County (about 400 feet First Baptist Church of Fort Davis (about 400 feet away); T/SGT. Manuel S. Gonzales (about 500 feet away); Old Fort Davis CSA (about 500 feet away); Hotel Limpia (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Davis.
More about this marker. The Texas State Historical Survey Committee placed the medallion to designate the church a Registered Texas Historic Landmark but did not place the typical associated plate with marker text. The plate with the marker text was provided by the Fort Davis Historical Society instead.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 7, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 7, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas. This page has been viewed 57 times since then and 11 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 7, 2019, by Brian Anderson of Kingwood, Texas.