Old Salisbury Court House
Wayne County’s first seat of justice
Built 1811 in Salisbury
Reconstructed in 1952 on this site
The only original log court house still
standing in Old Northwest Territory
Marker presented by
Daughters of the American Colonists
Erected 1965 by Weetomp Chapter Daughters of the American Colonists.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Colonists marker series.
Location. 39° 49.087′ N, 84° 59.645′ W. Marker is in Centerville, Indiana, in Wayne County. Marker is on Old National Road (U.S. 40), on the right when traveling west. marker is behind the Mansion House. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 214 E Main Street, Centerville IN 47330, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Mansion House (within shouting distance of this marker); John Scott, 1793 (?)-1838 (within shouting distance of this marker); Historic National Road / Make History, Drive It
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Old Salisbury Court House.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 8, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 7, 2019, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. This page has been viewed 35 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on September 7, 2019, by Rev. Ronald Irick of West Liberty, Ohio. • Andrew Ruppenstein was the editor who published this page.