Site of Fraser Brick Company
When, in 1909, a post office was established near here, its name "Ginger" was taken from the distinctive color of the burnt clay bricks made at the plant.
Operations ceased when this clay supply neared exhaustion in the 1940s. Walter B. Fraser retired in 1944. The business prospered at its other Texas locations until sold in 1961.
Erected 1968 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 10858.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers. A significant historical year for this entry is 1905.
Location. 32° 51.172′ N, 95° 43.54′ W. Marker is near Ginger, Texas, in Rains County. Marker is on U.S. 69 0.2 miles south of Farm to Market Road 779, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Emory TX 75440, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 7 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker
Also see . . . Texas State Historical Association about Ginger, Texas & the Fraser Brick Company. (Submitted on September 7, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 7, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 7, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 122 times since then and 36 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 7, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.