Port Gibson in Claiborne County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Port Gibson Historic Tour
805 Church. Ca. 1845, Greek Revival. Reportedly constructed of flat boats in Grand Gulf in 1845 and moved to Port Gibson Ca. 1872. This Greek Revival cottage has typical square columns. Dormer windows have been added to the original structure.
Location. 31° 57.49′ N, 90° 58.968′ W. Marker is in Port Gibson, Mississippi, in Claiborne County. Marker is on Church Street north of Jackson Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 805 Church Street, Port Gibson MS 39150, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Bruinsburg (a few steps from this marker); St. James Episcopal Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Methodist Church (within shouting distance of this marker); Temple Gemiluth Chassed (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Guthrie Home (about 400 feet away); Judge Maury House (about 400 feet away); Hughes Home (about 400 feet away); Shreve House (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Gibson.
Categories. • Architecture •
More. Search the internet for Hopkins House.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 8, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 8, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 55 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 8, 2019.