Quitman in Wood County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Wood County Courthouse
Erected 2003 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 13752.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Notable Buildings • Political Subdivisions. A significant historical year for this entry is 1850.
Location. 32° 47.75′ N, 95° 27.119′ W. Marker is in QuitmanTouch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 South Main Street, Quitman TX 75783, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. James Stephen Hogg (a few steps from this marker); County Divided into School Districts (within shouting distance of this marker); Ambrose Fitzgerald (within shouting distance of this marker); The Cathey Buildings (within shouting distance of this marker); First Baptist Church of Quitman (approx. 0.2 miles away); J. H. Jones and the Old Settlers Reunion Grounds (approx. 0.3 miles away); James Stephen Hogg's Early Home (approx. 0.3 miles away); James A. Stinson Home (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Quitman.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 8, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 8, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 92 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 8, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.