Quitman in Wood County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
The Cathey Buildings
Marker is Property of the State of Texas
Erected 2012 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 17208.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1922.
Location. 32° 47.777′ Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 127 West Lipscomb Street, Quitman TX 75783, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Wood County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); James Stephen Hogg (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); County Divided into School Districts (about 300 feet away); Ambrose Fitzgerald (about 300 feet away); First Baptist Church of Quitman (approx. 0.2 miles away); J. H. Jones and the Old Settlers Reunion Grounds (approx. 0.4 miles away); James Stephen Hogg's Early Home (approx. 0.4 miles away); James A. Stinson Home (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Quitman.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 8, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 8, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 89 times since then and 20 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 8, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.