Port Gibson in Claiborne County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Port Gibson Historic Tour
212-14 Carrol. Ca. 1840 Greek Revival. One of the finest commercial/residential buildings from this era in Mississippi today. The center doorway opens to a stairhall which leads to the residence area upstairs.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce.
Location. 31° 57.547′ N, 90° 59.073′ W. Marker is in Port Gibson, Mississippi, in Claiborne County. Marker is on Carrol Street east of Main Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 212 Carrol Street, Port Gibson MS 39150, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Battle of Port Gibson (within shouting distance of this marker); Port Gibson Bank (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Bernheimer Complex (about 400 feet away); O'Hara Cottage (about 400 feet away); Judge Maury House (about 500 feet away); Bruinsburg (about 600 feet away); Temple Gemiluth Chassed (about 600 feet away); St. James Episcopal Church (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Gibson.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 10, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 10, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 105 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 10, 2019.