Pittsburg in Camp County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Carnegie Library in Texas
Erected 1973 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 15465.)
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Arts, Letters, Music • Notable Buildings. A significant historical year for this entry is 1898.
Location. 32° 59.689′ N, 94° 58.033′ W. Marker is in Pittsburg, Texas, in Camp County. Marker is at the intersection of East Marshall Street and Rusk Street (State Route 238), on the right when traveling east on East Marshall Street. Mounted to the City Hall exterior brick wall. Touch for mapTouch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. W. L. Garrett Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Pittsburg (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Shootout at the Pittsburg Depot (about 500 feet away); Cotton Belt Depot (about 500 feet away); Farmer's Feed and Seed Company (about 600 feet away); First Methodist Church of Pittsburg (about 600 feet away); Camp County Courthouse (about 700 feet away); The Ezekiel Airship (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pittsburg.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 10, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 10, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 238 times since then and 28 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 10, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.