Port Gibson in Claiborne County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Port Gibson Bank
Port Gibson Historic Tour
702 Market. 1840 Greek Revival. This bank closed its doors during the Civil War but reopened afterwards as a hotel. Since 1890 it has been used for its original purpose. The hexastyle portico features unfluted Doric columns.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce.
Location. 31° 57.607′ N, 90° 59.088′ W. Marker is in Port Gibson, Mississippi, in Claiborne County. Marker is on Market Street south of Walnut Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 702 Market Street, Port Gibson MS 39150, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Battle of Port Gibson (within shouting distance of this marker); The Bernheimer Complex (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Commercial Buildings (about 300 feet away); Commercial Building (about 400 feet away); Lil Green (about 400 feet away); a different marker also named Battle of Port Gibson (about 700 feet away); The Federals Occupy Port GibsonEnglesing Home (about 800 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Gibson.
Credits. This page was last revised on December 27, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 12, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 61 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 12, 2019.