Port Gibson in Claiborne County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Port Gibson Historic Tour
600 Block of Market. Ca. 1828-40. Federal/Greek Revival. This grouping of buildings had commercial space on the ground floor and either storage or living space above. Washington Hall at 601-09 Market was formerly a hotel.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Industry & Commerce.
Location. 31° 57.651′ N, 90° 59.067′ W. Marker is in Port Gibson, Mississippi, in Claiborne County. Marker is on Market Street south of Fair Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 600 Market Street, Port Gibson MS 39150, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lil Green (within shouting distance of this marker); Port Gibson Bank (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Bernheimer Complex (about 400 feet away); Claiborne County (about 500 feet away); Claiborne County Courthouse (about 500 feet away); Battle of Port Gibson (about 500 feet away); Lightfoot Park (about 600 feet away); First Baptist M.B. Church (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Port Gibson.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 12, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 12, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 56 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 12, 2019.