Mineola in Wood County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
"The Old Mineola City Hall"
Erected by Wood County Historical Commission.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Government & Politics • Notable Buildings. A significant historical date for this entry is March 31, 1930.
Location. 32° 39.88′ N, 95° 29.398′ W. Marker is in Mineola, Texas, in Wood County. Marker is at the intersection of West Kilpatrick Street and North Line Street on West Kilpatrick Street. Touch for mapTouch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. O. P. Pyle (a few steps from this marker); O. P. Pyle House (within shouting distance of this marker); Birthplace of Miss Ima Hogg (within shouting distance of this marker); Site of Barney B. Hart House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Gov. James Stephen Hogg and Wood County (about 300 feet away); Dr Pepper Bottling Plant (about 400 feet away); Mallory Bros. Grocery and Feed Stores (about 400 feet away); Mineola Opera Houses (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mineola.
Regarding "The Old Mineola City Hall". The building is apparently now a private residence.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 13, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 13, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama. This page has been viewed 98 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 13, 2019, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.