Blackville in Northumberland County, New Brunswick — The Atlantic Provinces
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers.
Location. 46° 44.28′ N, 65° 49.71′ W. Marker is in Blackville, New Brunswick, in Northumberland County. Marker can be reached from Main Street (New Brunswick Route 8) 0.3 kilometers north of Campbell Road (New Brunswick Route 118), on the right when Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 158 Main Street, Blackville, New Brunswick E9B 1N2, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 1 other marker is within walking distance of this marker. Legend of the Dungarvon Whooper (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line).
Also see . . . The Mills. Two Scotsman, Doak and Alexander MacLaggan arrived here in Blackville and built a sawmill in 1820. It was located on the north side of the Bartholomew River at the present site of the current bridge. Across from the sawmill somewhat below on the opposite side of the river, was a water driven Grist Mill operated by an old Englishman called Henry Steele. (Submitted on September 21, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 21, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 18, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 81 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 21, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.