Fort Dodge in Webster County, Iowa — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Dragoon Trail Historical Site Marker No. 12
Blazed in 1835 by the
First U.S. Dragoons
Stephen W. Kearny
Erected 1938 by Iowa Daughters of the American Revolution.
Topics and series. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Exploration • Roads & Vehicles. In addition, it is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) series list. A significant historical year for this entry is 1835.
Location. 42° 29.267′ N, 94° 11.9′ W. Marker is in Fort Dodge, Iowa, in Webster County. Marker is at the intersection of Museum Road and Kenyon Road (Iowa Highway 20), on the left when traveling north on Museum Road. Marker is located just in front of the Fort Dodge Museum, inside it's own shelter. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1 Museum Rd Fort Dodge, IA 50501, Fort Dodge IA 50501, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort Dodge Freedom Rock Veterans Memorial (approx. one mile away); Fort Dodge City Hall, Police & Fire Department Webster County Courthouse (approx. 1.3 miles away); The Fort Dodge Post Office and Federal Building (approx. 1.4 miles away); Chicago, Great Western Depot (approx. 1˝ miles away).
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Credits. This page was last revised on November 20, 2020. It was originally submitted on May 18, 2015, by Benjamin M. Snyder of Ankeny, Iowa. This page has been viewed 572 times since then and 33 times this year. Last updated on September 19, 2019, by Benjamin M. Snyder of Ankeny, Iowa. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 18, 2015, by Benjamin M. Snyder of Ankeny, Iowa. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.