Fredericton in York County, New Brunswick — The Atlantic Provinces
Legislative Assembly Block / Complexe de L'Assemblée Législative
The Legislative Assembly Building, built in the Second Empire style with Corinthian features in 1882, together with the Old Education Building (1816, second story 1869) and the Departmental Building (1888), form the seat of the Government of New Brunswick.
Provincial Historic Site
L'édifice de l'Assemblée législative, construit en 1882 dans le style du Second Empire avec des aspects corinthiens, forme avec l’ancien Édifice du ministère de l’Éducation (1816 et 1869 pour le 2e étage) at avec l'Édifice ministériel (1888) le siège du gouvernement du Nouveau-Brunswick.
Lieu Historique Provincial
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Government & Politics.
Location. 45° 57.567′ N, 66° 38.17′ W. Marker is in Fredericton, New Brunswick, in York County. Marker can be reached from Queen Street (New Brunswick Route 102) just east of St. John Street, on the left when traveling west. Marker is located beside the flag pole, directly Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 706 Queen Street, Fredericton, New Brunswick E3B 1C5, Canada. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sir Howard Douglas (within shouting distance of this marker); Lemuel Allan Wilmot (within shouting distance of this marker); First Ministry of Health / Le Premier Ministère de la Santé (within shouting distance of this marker); Charles Fisher (within shouting distance of this marker); York County Court House / Le Palais de Justice du Comté de York (about 180 meters away, measured in a direct line); Christ Church Cathedral / Cathédrale Christ Church (about 180 meters away); New Brunswick's 104th Regiment of Foot (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); The Right Honourable William Maxwell Lord Beaverbrook (approx. 0.3 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fredericton.
Also see . . . Legislative Assembly Building. This stone building with impressive dome has served as the seat of government in New Brunswick since 1882. A notable spiral staircase and portrait gallery of former Lieutenant Governors greets visitors in the main entrance. The chamber reflects the taste of the late Victorians with a brass chandelier, oriental-style carpet and Speaker's chair set on a dais under a canopy bearing a carving of the Royal Coat of Arms. (Submitted on September 22, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.)
Credits. This page was last revised on September 22, 2019. It was originally submitted on September 19, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida. This page has been viewed 68 times since then and 23 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on September 22, 2019, by Cosmos Mariner of Cape Canaveral, Florida.