Downtown Riverfront in Shreveport in Caddo Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Built 1922, under the administration of Mayor John McWilliams Ford to house Shreve Memorial Library. Designed by J. P. Annan in style of Roman Villa. Remained in use as Central Public Library for over half a century.
Topics. This historical marker is listed in these topic lists: Architecture • Charity & Public Work • Education.
Location. 32° 30.842′ N, 93° 44.969′ W. Marker is in Shreveport, Louisiana, in Caddo Parish. It is in Downtown Riverfront. Marker is on Edwards Street north of Texas Avenue (U.S. 79/80), on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 400 Edwards Street, Shreveport LA 71101, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. A different marker also named Chamber Plaza (a few steps from this marker); The Pardon (a few steps from this marker); Turning to the Right (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); CNB Building (about 300 feet away); Shreve Memorial Library (about 400 feet away); Hutchinson Building Pro Deo et Patria (about 500 feet away); Beyond a Reasonable Doubt (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shreveport.
More about this marker. Mounted on stairway wall. Edwards Avenue is one way north at this location.
Credits. This page was last revised on February 12, 2023. It was originally submitted on September 20, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana. This page has been viewed 151 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 20, 2019, by Cajun Scrambler of Assumption, Louisiana.