St. Petersburg in Pinellas County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
John C. Williams
John C. Williams
Who founded St. Petersburg in 1887,
and gave this site for a public park.
Erected 1936 by Princess Hirrihigua Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 27° 46.402′ N, 82° 38.301′ W. Marker is in St. Petersburg, Florida, in Pinellas County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of 4th Street North and 2nd Avenue North. Located at the northeast entrance to Williams Park. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 249 2nd Avenue North, Saint Petersburg FL 33701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Brigadier General Thaddeus Kosciuszko (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Pinellas County Veterans Memorial (about 400 feet away); The United States Veterans Memorial (about 400 feet away); Our Heroes of the World War (about 400 feet away); S. H. Kress and Co. Building Soreno Hotel (approx. 0.3 miles away); Pioneer Park (approx. 0.4 miles away); Stonewall Jackson Memorial Highway Terminus (was approx. 0.4 miles away but has been reported permanently removed. ). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Petersburg.
Categories. • Charity & Public Work • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for John C. Williams.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 27, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 27, 2019, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. This page has been viewed 96 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on September 27, 2019, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina.