Windham in Windham County, Connecticut — The American Northeast (New England)
Dr. Chester Hunt Office
This former sheriff’s office was built
circa 1790. Originally it stood behind
the sheriff Shuebel Abbe House
Located at the south end of the green.
Dr. Hunt (1789-1869) purchased the
Abbe property in 1819.
( small plaque )
The Office of
Dr. Chester Hunt
1787 – 1869
Was moved to This Spot
In Loving Memory of
Julian Alden Weir
Ella Baker Weir
By their daughter
Cora Weir Burlingham
And their grandson
Charles Burlingham, Jr.
Location. 41° 41.967′ N, 72° 9.496′ W. Marker is in Windham, Connecticut, in Windham County. Marker is at the intersection of Windham Green Road and Plains Road, on the right when traveling south on Windham Green Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Windham CT 06280, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Windham Free Library (a few steps from this marker); Charter Oak Sapling (a few steps from this marker); The Battle of the Frogs Windham World War II Monument (within shouting distance of this marker); Windham (within shouting distance of this marker); Windham Vietnam Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Windham Center Cemetery (approx. 0.8 miles away); Willimantic Veterans Council Memorial (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Windham.
Also see . . . Dr. Chester Hunt Office on Wikipedia. (Submitted on September 30, 2019, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Dr. Chester Hunt Office.
Credits. This page was last revised on September 30, 2019. This page originally submitted on September 30, 2019, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut. This page has been viewed 39 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on September 30, 2019, by Michael Herrick of Southbury, Connecticut.