Near Shelley in Bingham County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
1915 - 1948
The Alridge School was originally located on Cedar Creek off the Blackfoot River Road and was relocated in September of 1999.
The schoolhouse was donated to Bingham County by Larry and Karin Newman in honor of Lloyd and Lucille Stolworthy.
Through the effort of students, community members, and original classmates, the schoolhouse has been restored to represent a typical one-room school.
Special recognition for their extensive work goes to the following: Kay Gneiting • Mike Winston • Jacqi Mouton • Emily Toy
Erected by North Bingham County Historical Park.
Location. 43° 22.304′ N, 112° 9.996′ W. Marker is near Shelley, Idaho, in Bingham County. Marker can be reached from East 1275 North. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 587 East 1275 North, Shelley ID 83274, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. General Store (within shouting distance of this marker); Pioneer Cabin (within shouting distance Covered Wagon (within shouting distance of this marker); The Barn (within shouting distance of this marker); Pioneer School Bus Replica (within shouting distance of this marker); Sheepcamp Wagon (within shouting distance of this marker); Shelley Settlement (approx. 2½ miles away); Cedar Point - Basalt (approx. 3.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Shelley.
More about this marker. The Alridge School building is located in North Bingham County Park west of Shelley, Idaho.
Categories. • Education •
More. Search the internet for Alridge School.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 2, 2019. This page originally submitted on October 2, 2019, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 50 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 2, 2019, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.