Shelton in Bonneville County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
The Willow Creek Settlement
This portion of the East Willow Creek country became Shelton Ward on Aug. 14, 1892. It was named for John Shelton Howard, first bishop.
The pioneers worked untiringly to bring civilization to one of the old Wests last frontiers.
Erected 1942 by Daughters of Utah Pioneers, Sarah A. Howard Camp, Bonneville County, Idaho. (Marker Number 87.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of Utah Pioneers marker series.
Location. 43° 37.111′ N, 111° 49.459′ W. Marker is in Shelton, Idaho, in Bonneville County. Marker is on North 105 East near U.S. 26. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 13576 North 105th East, Idaho Falls ID 83401, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Great Feeder (approx. 2.7 miles away); Rigby (approx. 5.7 miles away); Bybee - Centerville The Holt Ferry (approx. 6½ miles away); Iona (approx. 8.1 miles away); "Annie's Place" Annis (approx. 9½ miles away); Coltman Ward (approx. 9.9 miles away); Lewisville (approx. 10.8 miles away).
Also see . . . The Historic Shelton. A history of the Shelton Inn is about half-way down the website. (Submitted on October 4, 2019, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.)
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for The Willow Creek Settlement.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 4, 2019. This page originally submitted on October 4, 2019, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 45 times since then and 7 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on October 4, 2019, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.