Rexburg in Madison County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
Church services and school were were held in homes until a 20x30x12 ft. log meetinghouse was erected in 1886-87. It had a dirt roof, red pine floor, four windows, and a door. First school teacher was Jennie Smith; postmaster, H.S. Dudley; first white child born was Annie Thornton.
Erected 1983 by Daughters of Utah Pioneers, Jenny Leigh Camp. (Marker Number 425.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of Utah Pioneers marker series.
Location. 43° 47.84′ N, 111° 51.423′ W. Marker is in Rexburg, Idaho, in Madison County. Marker is on West 2000 South (Burton Oil Road) near South 4000 West(Burton Loop Road), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3958 West 2000 South, Rexburg ID 83440, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other North Fork Ferry (approx. 3.1 miles away); Beaver Dick (approx. 3.1 miles away); Jenny Leigh Pioneer Cemetery (approx. 3.2 miles away); Rexburg Public Square (approx. 3.7 miles away); Porter Park (approx. 3.8 miles away); Brigham Young University - Idaho (approx. 3.9 miles away); Ricks College (approx. 4.1 miles away); Hitching Post (approx. 4.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Rexburg.
More about this marker. This marker is located in front of the L.D.S. Church.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Burton.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 6, 2019. This page originally submitted on October 6, 2019, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California. This page has been viewed 39 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 6, 2019, by Barry Swackhamer of Brentwood, California.