The Third School in Plüderhausen / Das 3. Schulhaus in Plüderhausen
Inaugurated in 1908, the school (architect Heinrich Maas, Obertürkheim) had from the beginning 7 classrooms for about 400 students, as well as specialized rooms for gymnastics, drawing, needlework and cooking. The building is characteristic of the early 20th century and, with its "new" spatial structure (corridor system, separate classrooms, well-lit windows), corresponded to the reformist ideas of school design at that time. Since 1969, only primary school pupils have been taught here. (Marker Number 8.)
Location. 48° 47.574′
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Der Friedhof / The Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Das Alte Rathaus / Old City Hall (about 210 meters away, measured in a direct line); Der Königsbau (approx. 0.2 kilometers away); Jakob Friedrich Abel (approx. 5.7 kilometers away); Birthplace of Gottlieb Daimler (approx. 5.8 kilometers away); Anna Barbara Künkelin (approx. 5.8 kilometers away); Gasthaus zur Krone / The Crown Inn (approx. 9.2 kilometers away); Marktbrunnen / The Market Fountain (approx. 9.2 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Plüderhausen.
Categories. • Architecture • Education •
More. Search the internet for The Third School in Plüderhausen / Das 3. Schulhaus in Plüderhausen.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 17, 2019. This page originally submitted on October 17, 2019, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 42 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 17, 2019, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.