Utsalady Historic Site
Indian name Doksk Ad
First white settlers 1853.
1855 the bark Anandyr sailed
first cargo ship spars to the
French shipyards at Brest.
Saw mill began operation 1857.
First lumber export to Shanghai 1860. By 1870 there were
54 houses and 147 people, a
blacksmith shop, telegraph,
saloon, shipyard and school.
1872 masonic hall. 1874 granary built to store Skagit
grain. By 1883 sailing ships
carried daily lumber production of 74,000 bd./ft. to world
markets. Utsalady was point
of departure for early white
settlers in Stillaguamish and
Location. 48° 15.342′ N, 122° 30.255′ W. Marker is in Camano, Washington, in Snohomish County. Marker is on North Shore Drive north of West Utsalady Point Road, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Camano Island WA 98282, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Camano City Schoolhouse and Community Hall History (approx. 5.7 miles away); History of Camano/Camano City (approx. 5.7 miles away); Clara J. Stanwood Pearson (approx. 6.2 miles away);
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers •
More. Search the internet for Utsalady Historic Site.
Credits. This page was last revised on October 17, 2019. This page originally submitted on October 17, 2019, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 37 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on October 17, 2019, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.